Fantastic Fives

A blog to keep you up to date with what's happening in our class

Striving for excellence with 1:1 devices

May3

Students are becoming more and more able to complete work on their devices. Since we have set up email accounts, they are also able to send me their work electronically. I have noticed that students are much keener to act on feedback and have been editing and resubmitting their work. True formative assessment. How good is that?
Consequently, I am reading narratives and expositions of a quality that I have not seen before in my teaching career. Sure, there has always been the odd one or two students who have written work of this quality – but now, the majority of the class are striving to do their very best and fulfill their potential.
The current system fills up my inbox and entails me opening work in another app to annotate and export ready to email back, (it also takes up a lot of space on my ipad.) While this is ok, it is a bit cumbersome.

I have been exploring other options and came across an app called Showbie.  I’d love to try it out this week. According to this website :

Showbie is a cloud storage solution designed specifically for K-12 schools that allows students to hand in homework electronically.

Through the website or app, students can
• Share files quickly and easily
• Express their creativity through various forms of media
• Hand in their homework using a computer or mobile device

Showbie also allows teachers to
• Assign schoolwork digitally
• Collect student work without printing any paper
• Review assignments anytime, anywhere

For more information, or to sign up for your FREE account, visit us at http://www.showbie.com

It would be really helpful if students could download this free app ready for tomorrow. Download the app here.

I believe that the Showbie app is not available on android, but it seems that work can be submitted through the showbie website too.

3 Comments to

“Striving for excellence with 1:1 devices”

1. May 3rd, 2015 at 2:36 pm       kylie Says:

Sounds great Juli, Marni is signing up to the website now (as she works on an android) seems to have gone smoothly.

I Love that you are always finding new ways to improve communication and engage the class,
    Thank You

2. May 3rd, 2015 at 3:37 pm       bryanclass Says:

Hi Kylie and Marni,
    Glad to hear you can sign up. I was a bit concerned about android.
    Juli (Mrs B)

3. May 3rd, 2015 at 4:10 pm       Belinda Burgess Says:

Maddie all registered, just needs a class code tomorrow. Thanks Juli.

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Email me

juli.bryan629@schools.sa.edu.au

Categories

Recent Comments

Skip to toolbar